September 30, 2016
As we launched in August 2016 this is technically our very first season launch and WOW are we excited. This collection is the culmination of our summer trade show season as well as a few brands we've been waiting to launch until now.
In this blog post we're going to take you the key trends for AW17, our new brands and some of our favourite picks.
1. Keep it Simple - easier said than done as it can be so tempting to get carried away with filling the nursery with ‘stuff’, but this season more than ever its about pared back interiors - think neutral colour bases, natural wood and creating a feeling of space and light. Scandinavian design is at the forefront again this year which helps to remind us to do more with less. Our tip would be to pick just 3 key pieces for the room and build the rest of the space around them.
2. Layer up - adding texture to your nursery will make it feel homely. But keep it modern by using different types of fabrics to create interest, such as the Cam Cam play quilts here...you can even hang these as a tapesty, a faux fur throw for your nursing chair (ikea do a great one). And some cosy knits from Konges Slojd - we love the scalloped pattern on this one.
3. Pastels - and we're not just talking about pretty pastels, they are still around (don't panic!) the pink and mint rainbows from Cam Cam are set to be a sell out. But we also LOVE the dusky pastels....cremes, greys, pinks and greens but all with that slightly muted palate that makes for a beautiful calm nursery space.
Our New Brands
We are delighted to welcome some brand new faces into the Scandiborn family.
Stickstay is first up with their stunning range of wall transfers - Swedish design, hand-sketched they are unlike any wall transfers we have come across before, they have a painted effect when applied to the wall. Not only do they look AMAZING, they are super easy to put on and can be removed without marking the paint...ticks all round. You can view the full collection here.
Another Swedish brand, they are known for their monochrome styling and their classic typography prints. Go and decide your favourite....Mine has to be 'The Kids are alright' I just can't quite decide where to hang it!
The mother of ALL pregnancy pillows - these are so epic we will be doing a whole blog post dedicated to them.
Top 5 from Scandiborn
1. Create a little bit of Magic in your nursery with Grey Balloons from Stickstay
2. Pretty but practical, Cam Cam Muslins
3. The Dreamiest of Cotbeds from Oliver Furniture (warning - you will want it for yourself)
4. Animal Towels from Liewood Design - a perfect new baby gift too.
5. The sell out Cam Cam Hot air balloon light - it's simply the best nursery light going
Comments will be approved before showing up.
© 2018 Scandibørn.